Iress Canada 2023 Customer Survey Competition Terms and Conditions
1. The competition (Competition) is promoted by Iress Market Technology Canada LP, whose registered office is at 199 Bay Street, Suite 5300, Commerce Court West, Toronto, Ontario M5L 1B9 (the Promoter).
2. The Competition is open to all Canadian residents aged 18 years or over, who are:
(a) at the date of entry, (i) employees of Promoter customers; or (ii) Promoter customers in a personal capacity; and
(b) personally invited by the Promoter, by email or by weblink, to complete the Iress Canada 2023 Customer Survey.
Employees of any Promoter group company, their families, agents, and any third party directly associated with administration of the Competition, are expressly excluded from entering the Competition.
You will be entered into the Competition when you:
(a) complete the Iress 2023 Customer Survey; and
(b) complete and submit a response to the Competition entry question included in the Iress 2023 Customer Survey (the Entry Response).
There is no other mechanism of entry into the Competition.
4. Only one entry per person is permitted.
5. The opening date for entries is 5am (Eastern Daylight Time) on 12 September 2023. The closing date of the Competition is 6pm (Eastern Daylight Time) on 3 October 2023. Entries received after this time will not be valid.
6. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries not successfully completed due to a technical fault technical malfunction, computer hardware or software failure, satellite, network or server failure of any kind.
7. A winner will be chosen from all valid Entry Responses on or before 17 October 2023, by a judge or a number of judges appointed by the Promoter in its absolute discretion. The Entry Responses will be judged based on the literacy and creative merit of the answer provided, as well as the quality of the response and how well the response is articulated.
8. The Competition is a game of skill, and chance plays no part in determining the winner. Each entry will be judged individually on its merits as per the criteria set out in condition 7.
9. The winner will receive either (at the winner’s option):
(a) a set of Apple ‘Airpods’ (3rd generation) (the Airpods); or
(b) a donation of 300 CAD to a registered Canadian charity of the winner’s choice (to be chosen by the winner from a list of selected charities provided by the Promoter) (the Donation).
10. The winner will be notified by email or telephone (using details provided at entry) before 5pm (Eastern Daylight Time) on 20 October 2023. If a winner does not respond to the Promoter within 14 days of being notified by the Promoter, indicating which prize option the winner chooses, and (if applicable, for delivery of the Airpods) the winner’s address, then the winner's prize will be forfeited and the Promoter will be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above.
11. If the winner selects the Airpods as the prize, the Airpods will be sent to the winner by post within 14 days of being notified of their win. If the winner selects the Donation, the Donation will be made to the winner’s selected charity within 28 days of the winner notifying the Promoter of the selected charity.
12. The prize for the winner is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative (other than the option to select the Donation) is offered.
13. By entering the Competition, you grant the Promoter a non-exclusive licence to use the content of your entry in any way the Promoter wishes, without payment of royalties or commission to you.
14. By entering the Competition, you confirm that your submission is your own work, has not been copied from any third party, and does not belong to any third party.
15. The decision of the Promoter regarding any aspect of the Competition is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
16. Participants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions upon entry. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse entry, or refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
17. The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the Competition where it becomes necessary to do so.
19. These terms and conditions and this promotion shall be governed at all times by the laws of the Province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein. Each party hereby irrevocably submits and attorns to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Ontario courts situated in the City of Toronto and waives objection to the venue of any proceeding in such court or that such court constituted and inappropriate forum.
Iress is a technology company providing software to the financial services industry.
Our software is used by more than 10,000 businesses and 500,000 users globally.